If you struggle with digestive issues such as heartburn, nausea or feeling full and bloated even when you haven't eaten, IV therapy with Reglan could be an effective way to ease your symptoms and help you find relief. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we offer Reglan as an add-in to any of our at-home IV packages. This medication is usually targeted to patients with gastrointestinal issues such as chronic heartburn or delayed stomach emptying due to diabetes, called diabetic gastroparesis.
What Is Reglan?
Reglan, also known by the generic name metoclopramide, is a medication used to treat certain stomach and intestine conditions. As an antiemetic, Reglan combats nausea and vomiting and helps with other digestive issues such as heartburn and feelings of fullness. As a gut stimulant, this medication can aid gut motility, helping food move through the gastrointestinal system without purging it.
Reglan is generally only prescribed for short-term use. Be sure to consult a doctor before receiving Reglan IV therapy, as this medication can cause potential side effects.
Uses for Reglan IV Therapy
Reglan can be used as a short-term treatment for a variety of conditions affecting the gastrointestinal tract:
- Persistent heartburn: If other heartburn treatments don't seem to work, Reglan can serve as a short-term solution. This medication is most effective for daytime heartburn or heartburn that occurs after eating. By treating chronic heartburn, harm to the esophagus caused by stomach acid can begin to heal.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): GERD is a chronic form of acid reflux that can lead to a burning pain in the chest, regurgitation, nausea and other gastrointestinal issues. Reglan can be used to treat GERD patients who don't respond to conventional treatments.
- Diabetic gastroparesis: Reglan is also used to treat diabetic patients who struggle with poor emptying of their stomachs. The medication can speed up the movement of the upper intestines and help patients empty their stomachs more quickly. By treating gastroparesis, patients can experience less nausea, vomiting and abdominal fullness.
- Post-treatment nausea: Medical procedures such as surgery done under anesthesia and chemotherapy often cause patients to experience severe nausea and vomiting. Reglan can help relieve these symptoms.
Reglan IV Therapy Benefits
While Reglan is available in pill form, Reglan IV therapy allows you to experience the powerful relief this mediation provides almost instantaneously. A member of our team can come to your home and deliver Reglan directly into your bloodstream, along with any other IV treatment options you choose.
Reglan can relieve a variety of gastrointestinal symptoms, including:
- Daytime heartburn.
- Feeling full long after a meal.
- Loss of appetite.
- Slow stomach emptying.
Add Reglan to Your In-Home IV Therapy
If your digestion issues lead to severe symptoms such as heartburn and nausea, we're here to help. When you choose Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we can include Reglan as an add-in with any of our IV packages. Our goal is to help you enjoy incredible relief in the comfort of your home.
Contact us today to learn more. Or, call or text us at 720-987-2155.