For people in the Denver area experiencing pain, we offer Toradol as an IV add-in to almost any of our IV packages. If you're feeling pain from an injury, surgery, athletic competition, or anything else, we may be able to help! There's no need to leave the couch, as we come to your home anywhere in our service area throughout Colorado. Call on Rocky Mountain IV Medics when you need a fast-acting IV drip for pain relief!
What Is Toradol?
Also known by the generic name ketorolac, Toradol is a pain medication. It comes in the form of an IV, injection, or pill. As a nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), Toradol alleviates pain by decreasing prostaglandins, substances that cause inflammation.
Remember to consult a doctor before receiving Toradol IV therapy. Some drugs and health conditions can put you at an increased risk of side effects.
What Are the Benefits of a Toradol IV?
An IV with NSAID pain relief such as Toradol provides several benefits:
- Non-narcotic: Now that we have more knowledge about the effects of narcotics or opioid pain medicine, some people prefer not to use them. Toradol does not use opioids to alleviate pain. Instead, it uses a different mechanism of action to reduce inflammation and relieve symptoms.
- Non-addictive: Because it does not include opioids, Toradol has no risk of addiction. It works as a more powerful form of non-addictive, over-the-counter drugs like ibuprofen and aspirin.
- Fast relief: Toradol IV administration provides faster results than a pill because the IV delivers the medicine directly to your bloodstream. Anti-inflammatory IV drugs such as Toradol do not need extra time to travel through your body and be absorbed into your blood.
- Affordable: Our Toradol add-in costs an extra $35 in drip bags such as the Myers’ Cocktail and Bronze packages. You can also choose it as a free add-in when you order a Silver or Gold package.
Which Kinds of Pain Can Toradol Address?
Toradol works best for cases of short-term moderate or severe pain instead of chronic pain. We alleviate symptoms with Toradol for people experiencing the following types of pain:
- Surgical: Toradol can help reduce pain after surgery for five days or less. In the medical field, doctors most commonly use Toradol for post-surgery pain. If you already take another painkiller for post-surgery pain, ask your doctor before getting Toradol IV therapy.
- Athletic: Professional athletes often take Toradol for pain related to an injury or physical activity. At Rocky Mountain IV medics, we administer Toradol in an IV with anti-inflammatory properties to athletes of all kinds. It may help you feel less pain after physical activity or aid in recovery afterward. Many athletes also opt for IV therapy for joint pain if they experience pain or injuries due to overuse or strain.
- Arthritis: When you have an arthritis flare-up, we can administer Toradol to help you get relief. Its anti-inflammatory power makes it a suitable choice when you want to reduce sudden pain, such as arthritis.
- Migraine: The fast and powerful pain relief associated with Toradol can help you feel fewer migraine symptoms. You can also add vitamins or anti-nausea medication to your Toradol IV to address other migraine symptoms.