Characterized by severe pain and other symptoms like nausea and light sensitivity, migraine headaches can disrupt your life, lasting hours or days and preventing you from doing things you might otherwise enjoy. These headaches can be debilitating, and you may live in dread of the onset of another migraine attack.
However, you don't have to wait for the migraine pain to pass on its own or make dangerous trips to the ER when it becomes difficult to focus because a migraine cocktail IV can alleviate symptoms so that you feel better faster.
At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we provide mobile IV therapy for patients suffering from migraines in Denver, CO, and the surrounding area. This service allows you to get the care you need in the comfort of your own home or the convenience of your office or hotel room. Our experienced and compassionate paramedics and nurses will arrive at your location within an hour and administer an IV tailored to your needs. Contact Rocky Mountain IV Medicsand ease the symptom pain of your migraines.
Our Recommendation For Migraines and Headaches
What Causes Migraines & Headaches?
Migraines are severe, recurring headaches that affect approximately 12% of Americans. Although researchers aren't sure exactly what causes them, genetic factors may play a role.
Symptoms of migraines include throbbing pain on one or both sides of the head, nausea and vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound and increased pain during physical activity. Some people also experience sensory disruptions before the onset of the headache and report confusing sensations and visual disturbances such as seeing flashing lights or zigzag lines. This collection of symptoms is called migraine with aura.
Although migraines can and may occur with no warning signs, the headaches can sometimes be triggered by:
- Emotions like stress, anxiety, depression or shock
- Changing hormone levels, such as fluctuations during menstruation
- Eating or drinking certain things, including alcohol and caffeine
- Overexertion, poor sleep, low blood sugar and other physical issues
- Environmental factors like flickering lights, loud noises and strong odors
- Technology-related factors such as eye strain from looking at computer screens or poor posture from sitting too long at a desk without the proper ergonomic equipment.
There are typically four stages of a migraine attack:
- Prodrome: The precursor phase that signals the onset of a migraine attack. This can last for hours or days.
- Aura: Migraine symptoms involving vision problems (blurriness, blind spots) start to manifest during this phase, which can take place either before or during the headache phase.
- Headache: The pain on one or both sides of the head can last between several hours and a few days. You may also experience nausea, sleeplessness and sound and light sensitivity during this stage.
- Postdrome: Your body may feel the lingering effects of the migraine post-headache. This can include tiredness, mental fuzziness and aches throughout the body.
Fight the Pain With a Migraine IV Drip
Severe migraines can be debilitating, but treatment can include strategies to both prevent migraines and cope with the symptoms. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we help patients currently experiencing symptoms by providing a migraine infusion. Once we arrive at your location, we'll assess your symptoms, take your vital signs and recommend an IV drip appropriate for the situation.
In most cases, we recommend our migraine cocktail IV, which is a Myer's Cocktail IV drip with added medications for patients fighting severe migraine symptoms. This saline solution includes the following ingredients known to help with migraine symptoms:
- Vitamin B complex and B12: Vitamin B12 and other B vitamins have been shown to reduce the severity of migraine with aura, and vitamin B12 supplements are commonly used to prevent migraine attacks.
- Magnesium: Magnesium sulfate administered intravenously has successfully treated patients who have migraine with aura. In migraine patients without aura, magnesium did not reduce pain or nausea, but it did decrease sensitivity to light and sound. Magnesium can also prevent the onset of migraines when it's taken regularly.
- Toradol (ketorolac): Toradol is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pain medication used to treat severe pain in migraine patients. It's more powerful than an over-the-counter NSAID like ibuprofen.
- Zofran (ondansetron): Zofran is an anti-nausea drug that can reduce nausea and vomiting in migraine patients with such symptoms.
Schedule an Appointment With Rocky Mountain IV Medics
Migraines and headaches don't have to get in the way of you enjoying your life. An IV for migraines could help you get fast relief from symptoms. So let us help you with a customized IV with migraine medication. We've designed a menu of IV packages that are affordable and effective. You can also join our VIP program for additional deals and specials.
Call or text Rocky Mountain IV Medics at 720-987-2155 to schedule an IV therapy appointment now. You can also reach out online to learn more and book a treatment.