Characterized by severe pain and other symptoms like nausea and light sensitivity, migraine headaches can disrupt your life, lasting hours or days and preventing you from doing things you might otherwise enjoy. Fortunately, you don't have to wait for the migraine pain to pass on its own or make dangerous trips to the ER when it becomes very difficult to focus. IV therapy can alleviate symptoms of a migraine so that you can feel better faster and get back to your life as soon as possible.
At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we provide mobile IV therapy for patients suffering from migraines in the Denver, CO, and surrounding area. This convenient service will allow you to get the care you need from the comfort of your own home. Our experienced and compassionate paramedics can arrive at your location within an hour and administer an IV tailored to your needs.
What Causes Migraines & Headaches?
Migraines are severe, recurring headaches that affect approximately 12% of Americans. Although researchers aren't sure exactly what causes them, genetic factors may play a role.
Symptoms of migraines include throbbing pain on one or both sides of the head, nausea and vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound and increased pain during physical activity. Some people also experience sensory disruptions before the onset of the headache and report confusing sensations and visual disturbances such as seeing flashing lights or zigzag lines. This collection of symptoms is called migraine with aura.
Although migraines can and may occur with no warning signs, the headaches can sometimes be triggered by:
- Emotions like stress, anxiety, depression or shock
- Changing hormone levels, such as fluctuations during menstruation
- Eating or drinking certain things, including alcohol and caffeine
- Overexertion, poor sleep, low blood sugar and other physical issues
- Environmental factors like flickering lights, loud noises and strong odors
Fight Migraines With an IV Drip
Severe migraines can be debilitating, but treatment can include strategies to both prevent migraines and cope with the symptoms. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we help patients currently experiencing migraine symptoms by providing IV therapy. Once we arrive at your location, we'll assess your symptoms, take your vital signs and recommend an IV drip appropriate for the situation.
In most cases, we recommend our Myer's Cocktail IV drip with added medications for patients combating severe migraine symptoms. This saline solution includes the following ingredients known to help with migraine symptoms:
- Vitamin B complex and B12: Vitamin B12 and other B vitamins have been shown to reduce the severity of migraine with aura, and vitamin B12 supplements are commonly used to prevent migraine attacks.
- Magnesium: Magnesium sulfate administered intravenously has successfully treated patients who have migraine with aura. In migraine patients without aura, magnesium did not reduce pain or nausea, but it did decrease sensitivity to light and sound. Magnesium can also prevent the onset of migraines when it's taken regularly.
- Toradol (ketorolac): Toradol is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pain medication used to treat severe pain in migraine patients. It's more powerful than an over-the-counter NSAID like ibuprofen.
- Zofran (ondansetron): Zofran is an anti-nausea drug that can reduce nausea and vomiting in migraine patients with such symptoms.
Schedule an Appointment With Rocky Mountain IV Medics
Migraines and headaches don't have to get in the way of you enjoying your life. An IV for migraines could help you get fast relief from symptoms. Call or text Rocky Mountain IV Medics at 720-987-2155 to schedule an IV therapy appointment now. You can also reach out online to learn more.