Characterized by severe pain and other symptoms like nausea and light sensitivity, migraine headaches can disrupt your life, lasting hours or days and prevent you from doing things you might otherwise enjoy. These headaches can be debilitating and you may live in dread of the onset of your next migraine attack.
However, you don't have to wait for the migraine pain to pass on its own or make dangerous trips to the ER when it becomes difficult to focus. IV therapy for migraines boasts quick results. A migraine cocktail IV can alleviate symptoms so that you feel better faster, and you can receive this treatment at home — in the comfort of your armchair or bed.
At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we provide mobile IV therapy for patients suffering from migraines in our service areas throughout Denver, Loveland and Fort Collins. This service allows you to get the care you need in the comfort of your own home or the convenience of your office or hotel room. Our experienced and compassionate health care providers will arrive at your location within an hour and administer an IV tailored to your needs. Contact Rocky Mountain IV Medics and ease the symptom pain of your migraines.
Our Recommendation for Migraines and Headaches
What Causes Migraines and Headaches?
Migraines are severe, recurring headaches that affect approximately 12% of Americans. Although researchers aren't always sure exactly what causes them, genetic factors may play a role.
Symptoms of migraines include throbbing pain on one or both sides of the head, nausea and vomiting, increased sensitivity to light and sound and increased pain during physical activity. Some people also experience sensory disruptions before the onset of the headache and report confusing sensations and visual disturbances such as seeing flashing lights or zigzag lines. This collection of symptoms is called migraine with aura.
Although migraines can and may occur with no warning signs, the headaches can sometimes be triggered by:
- Emotions like stress, anxiety, depression or shock
- Changing hormone levels, such as fluctuations during menstruation
- Eating or drinking certain things, including alcohol and caffeine
- Overexertion, poor sleep, low blood sugar and other physical issues
- Environmental factors like flickering lights, loud noises and strong odors
- Technology-related factors such as eye strain from looking at computer screens or poor posture from sitting too long at a desk without the proper ergonomic equipment
There are typically four stages of a migraine attack:
- Prodrome: The precursor phase that signals the onset of a migraine attack. This can last for hours or days.
- Aura: Migraine symptoms involving vision problems (blurriness, blind spots) start to manifest during this phase, which can take place either before or during the headache phase.
- Headache: The pain on one or both sides of the head can last between several hours and a few days. You may also experience nausea, sleeplessness and sound and light sensitivity during this stage.
- Postdrome: Your body may feel the lingering effects of the migraine post-headache. This can include tiredness, mental fuzziness and aches throughout the body.
How Migraine IV Infusions Relieve Symptoms
Severe migraines can be debilitating, but IV infusion therapy for migraines can help to reduce the frequency of migraines and cope with the symptoms. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we help patients currently experiencing symptoms by providing a migraine cocktail infusion. Once we arrive at your location, we'll assess your symptoms, take your vital signs and recommend an IV drip appropriate for the situation.
Headache infusion therapy can effectively alleviate symptoms because:
What Medications to Include in Your IV Treatment
Rocky Mountain IV Medics recommends our migraine cocktail IV, which is a Myers’ Cocktail IV drip with added medications for patients fighting severe migraine symptoms. This saline solution includes the following ingredients, in the right concentration, to help with migraine symptoms:
- Vitamin B12 and B complex: Vitamin B12 and other B vitamins have been shown to reduce the severity of migraine with aura and vitamin B12 supplements are commonly used to reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
- Magnesium: Magnesium sulfate administered intravenously has successfully treated patients who have migraines with aura. This supplement can also reduce the frequency of migraines when it's taken regularly.
- Toradol (ketorolac): Toradol is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory pain medication used to treat severe pain in migraine patients. It's more powerful than an over-the-counter NSAID like ibuprofen.
- Zofran (ondansetron): Zofran is an anti-nausea drug that can reduce nausea in migraine patients with such symptoms.
- Reglan (metoclopramide): Hospital emergency departments use Reglan to effectively treat migraines.
These, along with other vitamins and nutrients that are included in our Myers’ cocktail, will have you feeling better in no time!
IV Treatment Works Faster Than Oral Medication
Oral medication can take a long time to offer you the relief you crave and taking lots of these medications can lead to gastrointestinal side effects and nausea. If you use an IV drip for a migraine, your medication bypasses your gastrointestinal system by directly entering your bloodstream. This means your medication can get to work quickly, offering you rapid relief from that throbbing migraine.
Why Choose Rocky Mountain IV Medics?
Making use of our mobile service to administer your migraine IV cocktail can help you get the relief you need to carry on with your daily tasks. If you opt for a mobile service the next time you have a migraine, you can benefit from:
When you have a blinding migraine, the last thing you want to do is drive to the ER looking for help. But you don't have to go anywhere — our mobile IV services let you receive the assistance you need wherever you are. Whether you are experiencing a pulsating headache or feel a migraine coming on, we can help fast.
One of our licensed team members will be by your side throughout your treatment. The infusion therapy for migraines lasts about 45 to 60 minutes, and we will monitor you throughout your treatment. Because migraines have a large spectrum of symptoms, our masterful staff can offer personalized treatment by helping you alleviate the specific symptoms you experience. We might recommend adding additional medications to your cocktail to get quicker relief.
When battling a splitting headache, you want to ensure you're as comfortable as possible. With our services, you can choose the environment where you'd like to recover. We can help you find relief in the comfort of your bed at your home, in the armchair at your office, on the couch in your hotel room or wherever else you find yourself.
Headache infusion therapy offers quick relief and, unlike other treatments, it does not require a recovery period. Once your migraine symptoms dissipate, you can continue living your life — right where you left off.
Schedule an Appointment With Rocky Mountain IV Medics
Migraines and headaches don't have to get in the way of you enjoying your life. An IV for migraines could help you get fast relief from symptoms. So let us help you with a customized IV with migraine medication. We've designed a menu of IV packages that are affordable and effective. You can also join our VIP program for additional deals and specials.
Call Rocky Mountain IV Medics at (720) 927-8367, text us or book an appointment online to schedule an IV therapy appointment now.