A cold or the flu can leave you feeling fatigued, uncomfortable and in pain for days or even weeks, getting in the way of your daily activities and preventing you from doing the things you enjoy.
When you catch the influenza virus or one of the many viruses responsible for the common cold, you want to get relief from your symptoms as quickly as possible. At the same time, you may not have the energy to climb out of bed and drag yourself to the doctor's office or hospital emergency room. That's why Rocky Mountain IV Medics provides mobile IV therapy for cold and flu patients in the Denver, CO, area.
By bringing IV therapy to you, we'll provide the same type of treatment you would likely receive for cold or flu symptoms in the ER, and we'll do so in the comfort and convenience of your own home. When you reach out to us, our experienced paramedics will strive to arrive at your location within the hour. We'll provide an IV to rehydrate you quickly, and provide the vitamins your body needs as fuel to naturally relieve your symptoms and support your immune system.
Recommended IV For Illnesses
If you're stuggling with the cold or flu, we typically recommend the Myers' Cocktail IV or Immune Plus. This package costs $175 for in-home service and has a blast of vitamins, antioxidants and fluids to help boost your energy, alleviate nausea and vomiting, and help you feel better.
Alleviate Common Symptoms of The Cold and Flu
The common cold and the flu have overlapping symptoms. However, flu symptoms tend to be more severe and more dangerous. They also develop faster and last longer than most cold symptoms.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of cold and flu that you might experience:
- Sore throat: A sore throat can indicate either a cold or the flu and can result from irritation caused by repeated coughing. With the flu, a sore throat often starts out feeling scratchy and worsens over time.
- Nasal congestion: Both colds and the flu can prevent the sinuses from draining properly, resulting in a stuffy or runny nose.
- Sneezing and coughing: Sneezing more than usual is an early sign of a cold, but sneezing and persistent, dry coughing can indicate the flu as well. The influenza virus irritates nerve endings in the body's airways, causing these and other respiratory issues.
- Fatigue and weakness: If you have a cold or the flu, you may feel tired and achy. Fatigue and weakness are some of the earliest signs of the flu, and they tend to be more severe than fatigue caused by the common cold.
- Fever: A fever above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit distinguishes the flu from cold viruses. Fever may be accompanied by sweating and chills.
- Headache: A mild headache or migraine is a common symptom of a cold, and a headache around or behind the eyes can accompany the flu.
Influenza viruses can also lead to serious complications, such as pneumonia, which may require you to visit an emergency room. For mild symptoms, however, an IV for cold and flu could help you feel better without requiring you to leave your home.
At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, we recommend our Myer's Cocktail with extra Vitamin C (up to 5,000 mgs total!) to help patients with cold and flu symptoms. This IV includes saline to provide hydration and vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin B12, glutathione, magnesium and zinc to boost the immune system. We also have medications available such as Toradol to assist with head pain, and Zofran to assist with nausea.
Schedule an Appointment With Rocky Mountain IV Medics
Cold and flu symptoms shouldn't drag you down longer than they have to. If you're feeling under the weather in the Denver area, let Rocky Mountain IV Medics help by providing fast-acting symptom relief through an IV treatment for cold and flu. Once they arrive, our paramedics will assess your symptoms, take your vital signs and recommend an IV formulation to ensure that you receive the most effective treatment for your needs. Schedule online or call or text us at 720-987-2155 to schedule an appointment now.