You enjoyed your night out, but the day after? Not so much. If you drink too much alcohol at one time, you may get a hangover and the unpleasant symptoms that go with that: nausea, headaches, and irritability, among others.
Because everyone’s body is different, hangovers can affect anyone after a night of drinking, whether they had one alcoholic beverage or several. Depending on what and how much you drink, hangover symptoms can last anywhere from several hours to a day or longer, impacting your ability to function.
If you're experiencing hangover symptoms, you might be on the hunt for a hangover cure that can get you back on your feet quickly. A hangover IV can ease those uncomfortable symptoms. This treatment replenishes the fluids and vitamins lost during drinking by infusing them directly into the bloodstream, making this remedy much faster than other methods. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, our experienced paramedics and nurses provide at-home hangover IV drips in Denver, CO, and our surrounding service areas, so you get the care you need and can start feeling better now. Contact us today for fast relief.
The Myers' Cocktail For Hangovers
The Myers' Cocktail For Hangovers
The Myers' Cocktail is our recommended IV if you're hungover. The combination of vitamins as well as the antioxidant glutathione supplies all the effective IV fluids for hangovers. The Myers’ Cocktail also alleviates the fatigue you feel after a long night out and creates a rejuvenating effect with energy-boosting B vitamins. Try one of the best IV solutions for hangovers with Rocky Mountain IV Medics.
About Our IV Hangover Treatment
When you reach out to us for help with hangover symptoms, we'll come to your location typically within the hour or sooner! We'll then evaluate your symptoms and take your vital signs before recommending a saline IV drip package suited to your needs. The medical professionals on our team have years of experience in IV therapy and use their knowledge to find the right treatment for each patient.
In most cases, we recommend our standard hangover IV for patients who have had a bit too much to drink. This Myers’ Cocktail IV bag contains a sterile saline solution to rehydrate your body and ensure full absorption of the other ingredients, as well as vitamin B Complex, vitamin B12, vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, and glutathione. The combination of fluids, vitamins, and minerals addresses the root causes of common hangover symptoms, so, many patients start to feel better within 30 minutes of an IV infusion.
Depending on your symptoms, you may also want to add an anti-nausea medication or NSAID pain medication. IVs work quickly when they enter the bloodstream, especially compared to an oral medication or “hangover cure” that loses its effectiveness by first passing through the digestive system. When you have a hangover, IV hydration is a great solution for symptom relief. Contact us to learn more about our team and how our IV therapy packages can help you feel better fast.
Alleviate Your Hangover Symptoms
Although people may experience different symptoms after drinking too much alcohol, all hangover symptoms can be traced back to the effects alcohol has on the body. By countering these effects, our hangover IV drip can provide relief for the following hangover symptoms:
- Excessive thirst: The diuretic effects of alcohol leads to more frequent urination and subsequent dehydration, which can cause excessive thirst or dry mouth during a hangover. By introducing fluids directly into the bloodstream, IV drips can address dehydration quicker than simply drinking water. IV solutions also contain electrolytes that the body loses during dehydration.
- Dizziness: Dehydration due to alcohol consumption can lead to symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness, which can make you feel like the room is spinning.
- Headaches: Headaches accompanying hangovers can be caused by dehydration or expanded blood vessels, which is another symptom of excessive alcohol consumption. The pounding head pain can also make it difficult to focus and increase your sensitivity to bright lights or loud noises. An IV after a hangover can help relieve these symptoms.
- Nausea and vomiting: Alcohol has a number of adverse effects on the gastrointestinal system. It irritates the lining of the stomach, increases stomach acid production, and slows the emptying of the stomach. These effects often lead to nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
- Decreased appetite: As if the nausea wasn't enough to stop you from eating during a hangover, alcohol also creates an inflammatory response in the immune system, which can suppress appetite and lead to memory problems and a decreased ability to concentrate.
- Fatigue and irritability: Alcohol consumption can lower your blood sugar levels. As a result, hangover symptoms include fatigue, irritability, shakiness, and weakness. Our hangover IV contains ingredients that improve energy and can help you overcome fatigue more quickly.
Let Rocky Mountain IV Medics Help You Recover
If you have any of the hangover symptoms we've discussed, you may not have the energy to get out of bed, let alone leave the house. Fortunately, you don't have to lose your whole day to a hangover. Rocky Mountain IV Medics provides fast, responsive service at your home, which is especially helpful if you don’t feel up to driving to a hospital emergency room or urgent care center for treatment.
Our hangover IV therapy can help you feel better faster. Our compassionate and knowledgeable paramedics and nurses will come to your location in or near Denver. When you seek hangover treatment with Rocky Mountain IV Medics, you also receive the benefit of affordable pricing packages that meet every budget. Plus, we offer a VIP program with specials and deals, so you save even more money.
Book an appointment immediately or call or text us at 720-987-2155.
Q: Does IV therapy work for hangovers?
A: Yes, IVs help with hangover symptoms. The fluids, vitamins, minerals, and medications in an IV drip can alleviate dehydration, headaches, and much more. We can help you customize your IV infusion to target specific hangover symptoms.
Q: How long does an IV take to cure a hangover?
A: An IV infusion for hangovers provides rapid symptom relief. Many of our patients who schedule a hangover IV with us experience a noticeable difference in their symptoms almost immediately, typically within 30 minutes of an infusion. Contact Rocky Mountain IV Medics to get over a hangover and get on with your day.
Q: What IV is used for a hangover?
A: While we recommend a Myers’ Cocktail for a hangover, you have several options for IV therapy packages. You can customize your Myers’ Cocktail or another drip bag with add-ins such as magnesium (to relieve head and body aches), B Complex vitamins (to get your energy back), or an extra liter of saline (to rehydrate the body after too much alcohol). We’ll help you find the best IV solution for your hangover.
Q: How much does an IV cost for a hangover?
A: The price depends on the type of IV you get. For instance, a Myers’ Cocktail IV for a hangover costs $195. (The Ultimate Myers’ Cocktail, with higher doses of vitamin C and glutathione, is $295.) Meanwhile, extra ingredients start at $25 each.