Defined by unpleasant symptoms like nausea, headaches and irritability, hangovers occur after someone drinks too much alcohol at one time. Since every body is different, hangovers can affect anyone after a night of drinking, whether they had one alcoholic beverage or several. Depending on what and how much you drink, hangover symptoms can last anywhere from several hours to a day or longer, impacting your ability to enjoy the day's activities.
If you're experiencing hangover symptoms, you might be on the hunt for a hangover cure that can get you back on your feet quickly. An IV for hangover symptoms can replenish the fluids and nutrients lost during drinking by infusing them directly into the bloodstream, making this remedy much faster than other methods. At Rocky Mountain IV Medics, our experienced paramedics provide home service IV drips for hangover symptoms in Denver, CO, and the surrounding areas, so you can get the care you need and start feeling better now.
About Our IV Hangover Treatment
When you reach out to us for help with hangover symptoms, we'll come to your location typically within the hour or sooner! We'll then evaluate your symptoms and take your vital signs before recommending an IV drip suited to your needs.
In most cases, we recommend our standard hangover IV for patients who have had a bit too much to drink. This IV bag contains a sterile saline solution to rehydrate your body and ensure full absorption of the other ingredients, as well as vitamin B Complex, vitamin B12, vitamin C, zinc, magnesium and the antioxidant glutathione. The combination of fluids, vitamins and minerals addresses the root causes of common hangover symptoms, so many patients start to feel better within 30 minutes of IV treatment.
Depending on your symptoms, you may also want to add an anti-nausea medication or NSAID pain medication.
Alleviate Your Hangover Symptoms
Although people may experience different symptoms after drinking too much alcohol, all hangover symptoms can be traced back to the effects alcohol has on the body. By countering these effects, our hangover IV can provide relief for the following hangover symptoms:
- Excessive thirst: The diuretic effects of alcohol lead to more frequent urination and subsequent dehydration, which can cause excessive thirst or dry mouth during a hangover. By introducing fluids directly into the bloodstream, IV drips can address dehydration more quickly than simply drinking water.
- Dizziness: Dehydration due to alcohol consumption can lead to symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness, which can make you feel like the room is spinning.
- Headaches: Headaches accompanying hangovers can be caused by dehydration or expanded blood vessels, which is another symptom of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Nausea and vomiting: Alcohol has a number of adverse effects on the gastrointestinal system. It irritates the lining of the stomach, increases stomach acid production and slows the emptying of the stomach. These effects often lead to nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.
- Decreased appetite: As if the nausea wasn't enough to stop you from eating during a hangover, alcohol also creates an inflammatory response in the immune system, which can suppress appetite and lead to memory problems and a decreased ability to concentrate.
- Fatigue and irritability: Alcohol consumption can lower your blood sugar levels. As a result, hangover symptoms include fatigue, irritability, shakiness and weakness. Our hangover IV contains ingredients that boost energy and can help you overcome fatigue more quickly.
Let Rocky Mountain IV Medics Help You Recover
If you have any of the hangover symptoms we've discussed, you may not have the energy to get out of bed, let alone leave the house. Fortunately, you don't have to lose your whole day to a hangover. An IV for hangover symptoms from Rocky Mountain IV Medics can help you feel better faster. Our compassionate and knowledgeable paramedics will come to your location in or near Denver, so you can get the care you need without leaving the comfort of your own home.
To schedule an appointment immediately, call or text us at 720-987-2155. You can also reach out to us online if you have any questions about our IV drips.